Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day 1!!

Hey guys! so heres day one of my trip..
I got up at 3.45am on Friday so that we could be at the airport at 4.30am for my flight out at 6. After the inital pain, and regret of staying up unti 1 am watching the worldcup me dad, mum and Andrea (jenny was out the the world) headed off to the airport and soon after i was in the air.

3 hours later i was flying over Sydney, unfortunately sydney was basically a mass of white with a few skyscrapers sticking out of the fog and a little part of the harbour bridge poking out. So we circled a few times.. then headed to Melbourne (1hr). Once in Melbourne we landed, and basically sat on the plane fopr an hour or so while we re-fuelled etc, and then headed back to Sydney!

A game of cards with the two people sitting next to me passed the time a little bit.. but it was still pretty yuck.. and that awful plane-grossnesss had already well and truely started to set in. Oh! and my old Principal Mr. Moses was on my flight, so i had a chat with him. He was going to Johannesberg then London to a conference and then to talk at some old boys club in london.

Anyhoo after 6 hours in a plane instead of 3 I got to Sydney airport which was just going crazy with delayed flights etc. So of course my flight out ended up delayed too and instead of flying out at 3:45 local time it was more like 5:30.
Another 8 hours in a plane (with NO good movies.. grrr.. and i think i get the same set of movies today aswell!!!) and I arrive in Singapore.. bloated.. icky.. smelly.. dry.. and very uncomfortable from the sardine style seats :). (i hate long flights!)

Well the people who said Singapore was hot were right! I made my way through what i think was customs (walked past a person and out the gate..) And to the taxi stand. :) the taxi ride to my room which was supposed to be 'no more than $15) ended up being $25.. but I was just glad to be in my own air-conditioned room! By this time it was midnight (4am NZ time) which means id been awake for the last 24 hours.. The bed wasnt the longest in the world.. but hey.. I was out to it in no time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home