Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 4!

Hey all, so Singapore is now all behind me and im in Germany!! The weather here is totally perfect today... I could seriously get used to this!! Oh.. The flight.. meh.. it was as you would expect.. long.. extremely cramped... smell-inducing (still dunno quite how that works.. but there u go!) and yeah. The cool thing was I got to see a sunset and a sunrise from the plane.. and seriously.. If you havent seen a sunrise or sunset from a plane before.. They are always pretty awesome!!

Anyway here I am at Day 4 and im in Germany!!! WOOHOO!!! Although this kinda marks the end of any English (as far as signs, environment etc. etc. goes) for a veeery long time.. which is kinda daunting!! But anyway I'm staying with the Kirste's (who Andrea stayed with when she did an exchange). And they are all great. I already knew Ariane from the exchange, but I have now also met her mother Brigitte who is totally amazing and friendly, and an all round joy to be around :), and Their youngest son Arnulf who is a really cool guy!! I think i will get along with him well.

The flight into Stuttgart was quite bumpy, :) even I got the fabled 'tickle-tummy' quite alot... so im glad some of you Watson family types werent there ha ha! You probably would have been in an unrestrainable state of hysterics. Oh, and the view was awesome! So different to New Zealand!!! There was the main city, but then, speckled all over the countryside, only a few kilometers apart were all these little clusters of houses (all with brick rooves). It was really cool ay!! Kinda had to explain, but really unlike anything ive come across before. It was nice!

Its now 2:30pm, so the day isnt over by a long shot, but I think ill spend most iof it just settling in etc, and watching the aussie team play (and probably loose - but it would be great if they didnt!) at 5. (at last!! The World Cup matches are on at a sane time of the day!! :D!) They have the main, hot meal at lunch here, so thats pretty cool! had this delicious beef goulash today which tasted great!

Oh, now I am here with the Kirstes I think I will be able to load up alot more of my photos very soon, so keep your eyes on my Flickr site for more photos to come too!

Wow.. so here I am... In Germany... Can understand most of whats going on, and the Kirstes are really good at talking slow for me and dropping in bits of English here and there :). I have to say.. Im glad I know what all the keys on a keyboard do.. because 'Einfg' and 'Entf' or 'Strg' dont have a great deal of meaning to me :).. although then again neiher does 'Alt'.. anyways... oh! ha ha and the board is exactly the same except the y and z have swapped positions, so im constatntly having to re-type words like that which have a y or z in them :).

Well im gonna go out and 'faulenz' a bit in the brilliant 27° sunshine, with a small breath of wind :). Till next time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home