Monday, August 14, 2006

Day 52!

Today I got up at 8ish and had a shower before heading down to my nice brekky. I had a good feed, and met a couple of German guys from Bayern, and then after clearing up I met the girls and Mandy, and after a while hanging out we left and headed off to the El-Shaddai Internation Christian Center. This was a large church with alot of dark skinned people. We arrived and the worship was in full swing. I LOVED IT!! It was probably my favourite worship session ever. there was a big choir, an awesome worship leader, and everyone was just having a great time and dancing and singing. It sounded incredible, the atmosphere was great, and I got so into it. Near the end I just like cried and cried as I sang.. I wasnt sad.. it was just awesome!

After this we sat down and the guest speaker was from the states. Its quite classic.. this place was like the stereotypical black churches you hear of, where the prechers allways getting you to say stuff to your neighbour, is always working up the crowd, and the crowds allways feedbacking with AMENs and stuff :). the sermon was ok.. but I disagreed with a few points.. like christians will get money and riches if they understand.. and that enjoying life involves looking good, buying fast cars, and spending heaps on possessions and stuff.. he also implied that Satan had power over God and that God wasnt Sovereign and that we decided when we would die and he had no power over that.. just our salvation.. and that 'understanding' is the main aim of the christian..
I dunno.. I just think if this were true when Jesus was asked what was the most important commandment he would have said it was understanding, and not love, which I believe is the be all and end all. And Theres so many verses about riches, worldly possessions and stuff that I couldnt take the stuff he said about that.. But some of what he said was great.. Its weird he would say some stuff.. then read out something that in principal contradicted it.. kinda jumped around the bible.. dunno, just found his doctrine a bit wishy washy and wondered how sound it was.. But the wroship was incredible and I was glad I went!!

After this I said bye, and went to the Camden Markets which Jacob the british guy had recommended.. It was raining but it was still cool.. tho I see why Abimbola and Laura were a bit hesitant when I said I was gonna go there.. there was alot of 'alternative' stuff around.. But it was cool to have a look around, enjoy some good food, and do some shopping. There was so much here.. but it was quite crowded so I couldnt shop much.. but thats cool.

After this I went into more central london and walked around some streets and shops for a while. I bought some jeans and just checked out some of the place. Around 6ish I went to the big 'we will rock you' stageshow theater.. Dominion Theater where Laura and Abimbola had told me a Hillsong church met at 6.30. I walked in and the service was already underway (musta started early). It was crazy going to church in a theater, with a huge big band and stage and stuff.. but It was great! The singing was awesome, and the message about testimonies and stuff was really good too. I hope Martha and the girls found it and got to the service as I had told them about it and they were keen to go.. but I didnt see them.

Anyway.. the service was incredible, and I enjoyed it heaps. I loved having so much church today. id do it more often if I could. After this at about 7ish I saw that subway had a internet cafe in it (the smell an computers so reminded me of the place in Johnsonville.. I miss that!). And here I am.. I bought 2 hours and now im fully up to date :D! Its quarter to nine and soon Ill tube back to the hostel, probably rinf home and then get some drink, do some reading and go to sleep. The next two nights ill be staying with my cousin Katie and her Husband Brandon so that'll be great!!

Ill letcha know if anything specialy or apart from what I have predicted here happens tonight in the next post.. Man theres quite alot to read for you guys in the last few days posts ive put up.. I dont think ive forgotten too much, so thats cool!

Im so thirsty :S lol

Buh Bye!! :D!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home