Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day 27!

Today I first slept in a bit as Mrs Kirste had to work. However she was soon home and I went online a bit, and then really just enjoyed the day for a long time! The weather today was again 35-37ish, (I saw the thermometer reach 36.5 - and the radio backed it up in the car later). I lay round outside with my iPod hooked up to some speakers and it was all rather nice. I sent alot of time in the pool too. Once Arnulf was home we played a bunch of games in the pool, relaxed n stuff..

Oh! Lunch was Bratkartoffeln (kinda fried pototoes with onion.. a bit like potatoes O'Brian) with some cooked ham and spinach. It was fantastic and as usual I had just a little more than I should have (Its sooo good tho!!)

Anyways.. afte a little while Arinae was home too and Andreas turned up aswell (he may have picked her up from work?). So I stayed in the pool and played around some more.. and got my sinusses totally rinsed out with pool water many many times doing handstands and rolls and stuff ha ha. One of my ears still has that little annoying bit of water in it.. grrr! Ha ha anyway.. everyone else was sunbathing, so I joined them. I stuck to happy summer-y songs like Nesian Mystik, Sugar ray and stuff like that on the iPod. It was great ay!! I love that holiday feeling that you get from water, sun and happy, light, summer music :). Just need a barbeque, a big group of friends and family and a large pohutukawa tree to shade under and its perfect ;).

I have no idea if the neighbours were disturbed by the music.. but it wasnt anything too aurally-agressive, and I didnt see anyone (altho I wouldnt seeing as theres a big hedge..). Around 5ish I came back inside and me and Mrs Kirste went to the Fernseherturm (TV Tower) outside Stuttgart. This thing looks really modern and stuff.. but was actually built in 1956 and was the first tower made of re-enforced concrete. On the way out of Berkheim we passed the big Festo complex (talked about it a few blogs ago?). They have these awesome little robots that mow the lawn for them!! :D So cool!!! They are small and disc shaped.. kinda like those automatic vacuum cleaners a bit (probably use similar technology). Ontop is a solar panel, and they buzz around cutting grass :). When finished they automatically return to their home where they slot themselves back into a main thingy and recharge etc. Very cool!!

Once at the tower I got a ticket and zommed up in the elevator to the platform at the top (150m up). Underneath is a cool panorama cafe and stuff.. And ontop of the tower is a spike with TV stuff on it.. but I dont think its used for TV any more.. Anyway.. Up here was great! You had the most spectacular view! And coz it was dry and still you could see for miles!! Photos didnt do it justice but i took a few anyway.. On the top section of the platorm was a ring around the edge showing was some of the main buildings were and where different places were, and in what direction different cities in Germany are and all that. From up here you could see what I meant in my blog when I arrived in Germany.. There was Stuttgart city, but outside this were heapsa little city/villages only a few kilometers apart, and they are littered around everywhere.. very different but very cool!

I could see all the places id been in Stuttgart, also Esslingen, Berkheim, A whole bunch of forest and stuff.. and basically everything for miles and miles. Nearby is another tower, which kinda just looks like the top of a tower, it has a little base, then a big wide platform, with a tall spike coming out of it. I remeber see-ing this as I flew into Stutgart and not knowing that was all the tower was. I though it was just the top of a tower poking up over a hill and was freaking out that such a GIGANTIC tower existed :). Ha ha but anyways.. After a really good look around I came back down and we headed back home again. I jumped into the pool again (noticing I was a bit sunburnt - not badly tho.. and id been out all day in 35°+ sunshine with no sunblock... man the Ozone hole sux!!). Björn came down, and Arinae was at tennis, so it was me, Arnulf, Björn and Andreas. We played a piggy in the middle type game which occasionaly involved some grappling and splashing ha ha. It was good as. Anyhow, After a good while Mr Kirste said he wanted so swim so we piled out, and I came up and had some dinner with Björn and Anrulf. I then ate some icecream with Andreas and Ariane outside.

After this I went up to Björns room and hung out with him for an hour or so.. and then it was down here to the computer. I tried to register my arrival at Sweden to guarantee my accomodation but the website is broken which is kinda annoying and a little unnerving.. but im sure itll be fine. I rang home quickly, and then typed up todays adventures (well todays happenings :) )
10 o'clock.. think I'll go listen to some music and sermon, do some reading then head off to sleep.
Oh and to any of you out there who actually read these daily blogs.. good on ya ay!! And thanks for taking an interest!! :D Its really cool! I hope they arent too boring, I know I get a bit carried away sometimes..

Servus!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home