Sunday, July 23, 2006

Day 29

Today I got up around 8ish and everyone was either gone to work or school, or still upstairs asleep (Ariane). So I went online a bit and relaxed round for a while :). I had some breakfast, and then after a while Ariane and Andreas emerged, and went for a swim. I was gonna join them but Kouji was online, then a bunch of other people knew, so I stayed on the computer.

Later we all went downstairs and played on the mini-pool table for a while which was great fun!! First we played singles, rotating after each game. But then when Arnulf joined us we played me and Arnulf vs Ariane and Andreas (i was the odd one out being non-german, and my name not starting with A ha ha!). For Lunch we had some fish, fish fingers, leftover pasta friend up with lots of eg and ham (delicious!) and fresh boiled potatoes. It was fantastic, and as im in the habit of I ate too much (gotta stop that!). After lunch Ariane and Andreas went back upstairs so I listened to some music and a sermon and stuff, then Arnulf and I went and played some table tennis outside. This was great fun! They have some blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries also growing out behind the houes (and some grapes). Some of the berries are ripe now and tasted great!

Arnulf beat me 2-1 in table tennis which was good! By then though I was well overheated and ready for a swim. I came online a bit tho and Jamie was there playing a poker tounament, so I watched him for quite a while, then Andreas and Ariane came down for a swim so I joined them. I stayed in the pool for a while, first playing a waterpolo variation with Andreas, then all sorts of games that involved hitting things with the ball, and aim and skill and stuff. I think its a guy thing.. but I can play silly little games like that for hours ay! I totally love it! :). Anyhow... Then Björn arrived home so we played some piggy in the middle again which was always great fun! I worked really well ay, as often piggy in the middle is lame coz it too hard for piggy.. but in a pool you are slowed down, and have limited space so its good ay!

Later me and Björn hopped out as Ariane and Mr Kirste hopped in, and we played a couple of games of pool. Then we both went to eat and have a shower, and then around 9.30 we went into Stuttgart. We parked and walked past some of the main bar-lounge-club-disco streets. One of the popular hangouts was really weird ay. A small kiosk type bar, and outside is just concrete and some lumps and seats.. its fully open and people walk through all the time as its just between two streets. People of all sorts (doctors to junkies) meet there, and alot just kinda just sit down on the concrete in a circle and talk.. very different.

We didnt go into any discos (clubs) tonight, but went to the Fischmarkt (Fish market) this comes every year from Hamburg (near the North sea and thus lotsa fish). A big square is filled up with stalls and shops selling fish of all kinds (mainly cooked) theres also a little fake beach, some fruit and planet shops, and of course a bunch of drink shops. We met Heidi after squeezing through the crowds and hung out for a while and had a couple of cokes. There was old english songs playing, and classic german ones, but with slight remixes and a faster beat, so we just kinda stood there, talked a little, and moved to the music. Oh that reminds me :). Andrew Watson and Rob Smith you love the clubs in Stuttgart :) the music is fully right up ur alley ay! You could hear it blasting from the outside when you passed them. I might go to some next weekend maybe.. will see...

Anyway, after a while, round midnight we headed home. walking back through that place where people sit I got handed a card with two white pills in a small bad stapled to it.. Im pretty sure its just painkillers or something,.. but im not gonna find out :). We got home about 20 minutes later and I finished off a sermon I had been listening to, then after a while went to sleep.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home