Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 53!

Yesterday I just caught the tube back home after writing the blog and stuff. On the way to the tube I heard a young busker who had the most angelic voice! It was totally breathtaking, so I put a few p in her jar and sat to listen for a while. It was truely great!! Anyhow, after that I rocked on up to the hostel and was feeling like a blob out so went to the Tv room (coz id actually understand it! A rare chance for me..). First on was Big Brother which was relatively rubbish.. and after than Bulletproof monk was on.. Now I know you could probably read the name and tell how awful it was gonna be.. but I watched it anyway. Decidedly average... But oh well it was a nice relax anyways. Jessica Chloe and Katie-Lee were down there watching too, and the young brazillian guy from my room was hardout trying to put the moves on them. :) was quite funny! But meh.. Anyway thats about it really.

I got up earlier this morning (around 7.30) and had a shower before heading down to brekky. I had a nice relaxed breakfast and chatted to Mandy and Katie-Lee for a while, and then went back to my room for a while. I then came back down and said bye coz their flight back to Scotland was departing this afternoon, and they needed to get to the airport early cozza all the disruptions and all.

After farewells I went and called home for a while. Kristin was visitng (an good american friend of our church from LA for those who dunno her) for dinner so I had a little chat to her aswell which was nice seeing as I am missing her visit. It started raining while I was talking on the phone... So much for a heatwave!! But after checking out and depositing my bag I went off to the tube and took it to Saint James Park and lined outside Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guards. It was raining and I had no umbrella.. So it wasnt the most comfortable.. And it took like forever for the new guards to arrive. It was good to say ive watched it.. but nothing special really!! Ill have to go to some big tattoo sometime or something to get some serious funny-dressed guard performances :).

After this I walked for quite a while. I visited Picadilly Circus then down along to trafalgar square. I then wandered down and looked at Downing street and then wandered some more streets. It was really cool seeing so many street names Id heard of.. like from monopoly. Pall Mall, Regent Street, The Strand.. all that :) I walked along alot of them :D. I also walked up Wellington street ha ha :) represent!! Oh that reminds me :D!!!

I was wandering aimlessly (dont use my map much here.. dunno why.. its quite big so I cant be stuffed). And I started walking up Drury Lane :D!! ha ha ha ha, so I started walking next to this young guy in a suit and he said hi, so I thought ahh what the heck.. and I asked him 'so do YOU know the muffin man?'. Lol! He kinda looked at me funny, so I said 'yeah, I hear he lives somewhere around here' and then i think he clicked where we were and kinda grimaced.. But hey, It was some fun randomness and im never gonna see him again! :D.

After this I stuffed around for ages with an annoying Western Union lady and got another shipment of cash that should last me till Sweden now, and then had a look around some shops. i bought some new iPod headphones as the right headphone on my original pair had seen better days.. It was In three parts :). I then went to Pizza hut because I thought I missed fast food... Well 10 minutes and 11 slices and 2 bowls of pasta later I realised I really dont miss it at all.. I had a few bowls of icecream just coz id paid 1.50 pound for it.. and left feeling awful, and my stomach feeling like it was gonna explode at any time. Even as I write this I feel rotten.. Nasty nasty pizza... Uggh.. Well im not gonna have anything else to eat today, I feel disgusting.. Dunno how I managed so many that time with Bernie at Hells ha ha! Although this time I had some serious pace going on so that probably didnt help. Maybe this is my first ever case of indigestion!! I bet it is because ive been eating alot differently since travelling, and my body has probably lost some of its old food-vaccuuming skills :D. I think thats probably a good thing tho!!

Anyhow, after checking out Regent Street for a while and looking at the BBC building I found this internet cafe for 2 pound an hour (not super cheap but cant complain really) so thats me up to now (5pm). I dont think Ill get up to much more today. Tonight and Tomorrow night im staying with Kate and Brandon, so thatll be fun! Londons pretty nice, wouldnt wanna live here tho.. I like alot more of the other cities ive seen more really.. but its still nice!!! Shame I havent had great weather.. but it hasnt stopped me doing anything yet so thats cool.

Only 1 and a half more days of english signs, english speakers and english Tv/Radio and then its all over for a good 6 months :S.. scary. Oh well!

Talk to ya again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home