Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 14!

Well today could be summed up by two letters... R & R. I slept in till around 10, then kinda stumbled upstairs where noone was home except the cleaning lady (who was probably suprised to see some deshevled, hulking 20-something come through the door.. :) but anyway..) I had a quick breakfast and a whole antihystimine tablet, and then had a little rest. The weather was again totally great, but a bit more humid than normal. But apart from that no sign of the awesome lightning storm the previous night. I loaded the rest (!!!!) of my photos up onto flickr so we are now officially up to date! :D!
Oh, Andreas just walked in the door and gave me back my camera too! So thats cool!!

Just as i was clearing the breakfast table Mrs Kirste came home, and we finished that off together. Then I went down to help the cleaning lady pick some cherries off the massive cherry tree in their garden (they are all ripe n ready to pick now, and there are TONS!). Arnulf came home and helped too. The one thing thats a pity is that alot of the cherrys have a mould growing on them, and a bunch of the others have a little hole on the outside, signalling there is a worm on the inside. But there are still heaps of good ones! I often go and grab a couple and munch on them while im outside. They will go off soon tho, so gotta eat or pick them. Grr and the quicker the better.. stupid worms.

After a while I decided I needed a bath and a shave, so i did both, and by the time I emerged it was time for lunch (was about 1.30ish) (yet another delicious meal a-la Mrs Kirste). It was a kinda cheesy vege bake with wurst in it too, and it tasted GREAT! One of the main veges in it was this weird thing ive never seen before called Kohlrabei (said 'cole-rah-bee'.. no idea what it is in English) but that tasted great too! I ate my full then sat down and did a bit of sudoku from the sudoku book I bought from a nice little bookshop in Esslingen. After doing one and a half of the 'schwer' ones I hit a wall and fell asleep on the couch..

I awoke to Mrs Kirste coming home with ariane, but was so groggy I went down to my room and went to sleep again until about 5.15. After this I got up, and honestly have no idea what i did until about 6.. Probably just sat down (I think i should probably stop taking those antihystimine tablets.. they absolutely knock me for six!). Then I suddenly realised it was all dusky, and it had that 'its about to rain' feeling. (usually gets dark after 9). Me and Mrs Kirste and Arnulf went around the house closing doors and windows...

Soon another storm was upon us.. and boy! was it ever some storm!!! The rain POURED down! (Mr Kirste and Björn arrived home talking of massive flooding (unpassable by cars), pelting rain, and massive showers of spray from each side of the car even when travelling quite slowly.. I so wanted to go outside.. and I so wished I had my camera.. But i didnt. Probably a good thing I didnt go outside tho lol, I wactched a lightning bolt hit a metal thing on the roof of a house only arounf 50 meters away.. and it was rwally going off ay! Rain pouring (seriously torrential) and massive amounts of lightning, followed immediately by sizzling, crackling, booming thunder. It was totally sweet ay! I hear u guys are having flooding at home, so I made up for it here in like 1 hour.. it was mental ay! I was pretty much glued to the window for most of it (in the middle I had my dinner of leftover delicious vege stuff). What a show!

The storm settled after a wee while and stopped (its now dark, but no rain wind or storm outside). Me Björn and Arnulf had a long game of Texas Hold'Em Poker, which I won (my last (winning) hand was a 4 of a kind too :D! - but by then I had already won really). And then it was 9.30. And then I came online and wrote this :). And now, after distractions its 10.30.. Im going to Stuttgart tomorrow so I might head off to bed.
Nunnite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home